Welding helmets are no less than a Captain America shield. They provide protection from harmful radiation, gasses or splashes which can destroy precious skin and eye. Our store provides high-quality auto-darkening welding helmets in Canada. These helmets are built with a polarized lens which protects the retina from the harmful infrared rays produced during the welding.
If you are a welder you must know that there is are different types of helmets for different types of welding. Broadly speaking there are eight types of welding. Let us see which one you do on daily basis. By this way, you can find out the best welding helmet for your field of operation.
- Oxy-Fuel Welding: This type of welding uses other gases and oxygen to join the metal. A huge amount of heat is released during the process, therefore, it is advised that one should use full face welding helmet to protect the face from the burn.
- Metal Arc Welding: This is the most common type of welding which you can find in any welding shop. The welder uses a single electrode that has flux around it to protect the weld puddle. Since the number of ultraviolet rays can harm the cornea, one should use welding helmet with polarized lens.
- Gas Tungsten Welding: Popularly known as inert gas welding, this type of welding uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode. Since tungsten can be very harmful to the welder, it is advised that the welder should buy high-density auto-darkening welding helmet.
- Gas Metal Arc Welding: Not so popular nowadays but this welding style uses a wire feeding gun that feeds wire at an adjustable speed and flows an argon-based shielding gas or a mix of argon and carbon dioxide (CO2 ) over the weld puddle to protect it from atmospheric contamination. It is advised to use a half face welding helmet so that one can see the actual deposition of flux on the joint.
- Submerged Arc Welding: At last we have a contemporary type of welding which is generally used in automobiles. Most of the welders who do submerged arc welding use a consumable electrode and a blanket of granular fusible flux. A half face welding helmet will be the best welding helmet for such welding.
In all, selection of helmet is based on the type of operation. We have a lot of welding helmets which you choose for your daily work. Please note that there free shipping anywhere in Canada.